Monday, September 9, 2013

Best Laid Plans...

Today is Monday. First day of the work week. A day I planned out just like any other day, because, you see, I am a planner.

I had my day planned out by nearly an hour by hour time frame.

Today, my best laid plans went awry at 7:25 a.m.

My daughter, Lorie, and I have developed a morning work day ritual. She calls me on her commute into work and we chat. Lately, our conversations center around wedding planning. But today, it centered around the rainy weather and how ridiculous people drive during a rainstorm.

Today, at 7:25 a.m., one of those very people pulled from a parking lot directly into the path of Lorie's car. Her shriek and the simultaneous sound of a crash brought my throat to my toes. Thankfully, we never lost contact. Tearfully, she described what she could in her shocked state. Pain in her chest and legs. Airbags deployed. Windshield cracked. Random car parts in the road.


After a trip to the ER via ambulance and multiple tests and x-rays, Lorie was declared whole. She is stiff. She is sore, but she is whole. We give our thanks and praise to God for protecting her.

Tomorrow, Lorie will be back in her classroom, teaching her students.


Tomorrow, I will attempt to relinquish control of my day. Tomorrow, I will wake up and ask the Lord to bless my day. I will ask him to be the center of my day. Tomorrow, I will leave the day in the Lord's hands.

Tomorrow, I will try to live in the day and cherish it as the gift it is.


Number 6:24-26:

""The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace,""

26 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!