Monday, April 28, 2014

Change of a lifetime

We celebrated Easter a little over a week ago. Since then, my devotions seem to focus on new life. The new life we have as believers. Resurrected life.

Back in December, at the beginning of what turned out to be a record setting winter, I wrote about Holes. In a blast to the past, I'm sharing a photo from that blog post here:
In case you're wondering, these are bulbs. Tulip bulbs. Planted in December.

And today, here is that same soil:



Yep. Hard to believe those brown, egg-shaped "rocks" turned into budding tulips that will burst forth with vibrant color in a few days. There is no comparison between bulb and flower.

Earthly body. Resurrected body. Jesus' death, resurrection and ascension give us the promise of eternal life. There's no way to know what change will occur, but we are promised a miraculous transformation. While mysterious, the change is guaranteed as explained in I Corinthians 15:35-38, here from The Message:

"Some skeptic is sure to ask, “Show me how resurrection works. Give me a diagram; draw me a picture. What does this ‘resurrection body’ look like?” If you look at this question closely, you realize how absurd it is. There are no diagrams for this kind of thing. We do have a parallel experience in gardening. You plant a “dead” seed; soon there is a flourishing plant. There is no visual likeness between seed and plant. You could never guess what a tomato would look like by looking at a tomato seed. What we plant in the soil and what grows out of it don’t look anything alike. The dead body that we bury in the ground and the resurrection body that comes from it will be dramatically different."

Plant the seed of God in your heart. Water the seed with the proclamation, "Jesus is my Savior." The flourishing plant is guaranteed in the season to come.

Happy Spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!