Monday, October 19, 2015

Dancing...

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. The air smells so clean. Sweatshirts and shorts are normal attire. The majesty of the changing leaves is breathtaking.

I felt a bit under the weather this weekend, so I took the opportunity to enjoy another fall favorite. The dance. The leaf dance. More specifically, the falling leaf dance. This was the view from my seat on the couch.



Because it was a bit breezy, the leaf dance took on an almost ethereal quality. I was mesmerized. Some leaves twirled. Some floated. Others lifted. Still others toppled end over head. At any given time, dozens of leaves were suspended in beautiful animation.

The leaf dance made me wonder about heaven. We don't talk about heaven much, and yet, the leaf dance made me ponder this: at any given moment, how many souls are making their ascent into heaven? Could it be that God is watching a similar inverted dance of souls rising toward heaven? A beautiful dance of souls lifting toward their real dwelling place?

This may not be reality, but the picture of just such an event brought peace to my heart and an unexplained joy to my day.

For a few more days, I'll watch the leaf dance and ponder God's wonder in creation. Thanks, God, for the glorious show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!