Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Familiar Face...

So I'm at a winter conference right now. In Florida. In February. Under sunshine. Hard to take.

Not.

While a lot of my time is spent in meetings, I have enjoyed spending some precious spare time walking the spacious grounds and relaxing in my beautiful room. I'm learning a lot. I'm soaking up information like a sponge. But perhaps the most unexpected part of my trip so far has been the uncanny likenesses I have encountered from my fellow team members whom I met in person for the first time.

First there's the guy who reminds me of one of my former bosses. His mannerisms and facial features just plain remind me of my old boss.  Then there's another man who has one of those familiar faces that you can't quite place. It took me until day two to realize he bears a really strong resemblance to Pete, our favorite car salesman.  But it was this morning, while four of us shared breakfast, that my heart tugged at me with nostalgia.

As I listened to our group's eldest couple share their family history, I realized this kind gentleman reminded me so much of my dad. A thinner version than dad for sure, but definitely an uncanny likeness. And even though my dad's been gone for nearly ten years, as I write out this blog post, I am snuffling. I  have tears in my eyes remembering how much I love and miss my dad.

I long to see my dad again. And yes, I'm confident I will see my dad again some day.

I have this assurance because of God's Word. Jesus promises us that he prepares a place for those who know him and love him. Some day I look forward to the great reunion that will take place in the heavenly realms as his children are welcomed into the biggest family ever.

His family. My family. Your family.

From John 14: 1-3 (here from The Message):
“Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!