Thursday, May 23, 2013

Knock, knock

We have a window peeker stalking our house. That's right. A window peeker. We see him frequently. He peeks in our dining room window. He peeks in our living room window. Mostly he peeks into our bedroom window. I've tried to photograph him, but he is an elusive character. The moment he sees me he darts away.

I am not scared of this fellow. He doesn't even make me nervous. On the contrary, this prankster frequently makes me laugh. Our window peeker is a bird. A cardinal. Yep, a bright red, handsome fella.

He started this business last year. In the wee hours of dawn, at sunrise, he positions himself on a branch outside our bedroom window. His favorite activity involves flying to, or even into the window. And then he pecks. And pecks. And pecks. Off to the branch. Back to the window. Off and back. Off and back.

If something interesting inside captures his attention, he cocks his head to one side, then the other, and then peeks straight into our home. His antics are comical. Seriously, I'm thinking about giving him a name. Maybe Red Baron.

His persistence is impressive.

Unfortunately for him, I never plan on opening a window or a door for him to come into my home.

Fortunately for us, the opposite is true. Jesus tells us, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7: 7-8

Are you peering into God's house? Are you knocking at Jesus' door?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!