Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. Turkey Day. Food fest. November 22, 2012. The day before Black Friday. A day off from work. Just plain Thursday. Whatever you choose to call it, we celebrate a national holiday this week that causes us to reflect on thankfulness.

For a couple of years in a row, I kept a Thanksgiving journal. Paging through those journals was fun because I got a chance to see what I was thankful for in 2008 and 2009. Interestingly enough, I am thankful for many of those same things today. I hope you don't mind if I share a few of my journal entries with you.

11/5/08: 1- A GREAT God! 2-Cookie Dough 3- Reliable transportation

11/11/08: 1- Life! 2-Natalie's life!! Thanks be to God for sparing her life after carbon monoxide poisoning! 3-Carbon monoxide detectors.

11/21/08: 1-Morning hugs 2-The Bible 3-Hope basketball

11/23/09: "I am thankful for a warm November! 50s and sunny lots of days is a treat I don't take for granted."  Hmmmm sounds familiar this year!

11/24/09: "Oh, I'm so thankful for those good ole' thrift shops. Bibles for Mexico was great! Spending two hours nosing through clothes and 'junk' is a blast! Now I can make a Christmas trinket for all my Business Services friends for cheap. If that's not grand, I don't know what is. :)"

12/26/09: "I am thankful for JPs and coffee! What a great place to go with Randy. We can be together, people-watch, and stroll downtown together. It's one of my favorite things to do!"

As you can see, it doesn't take much to amuse me. I always want to be thankful and aware of the simple things in life. I want to cherish the most random things in life and never take them for granted. Thanksgiving helps me remember all the things, big and small, that make my life wonderful. From cookie dough to the Bible, God has given me incredible blessings.

During the rest of this month, I encourage you to reflect on those things for which you are thankful.  If you feel so moved, please share your thoughts and comments.

Psalm 136: 1-3:
"Give thanks to the Lord for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords.
His love endures forever."

Praise God for his forever love. Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!