Thursday, February 7, 2013

A New Creation


I'm a crafter. I like to make things. I thrive on using my old junk and craft leftovers to make "stuff." My poor coworkers are often the recipients of my creations. They receive an annual Christmas ornament as well as an occasional seasonal trinket or two. Items range from popsicle stick snowmen to terra cotta pots to framed poems to bunny jars. Eclectic? Possibly. Unique? You bet. Handcrafted with love? Absolutely!

There are two sides to my love affair with crafting. First comes the thrill of creating. Finding the right way to fit things together brings a simple joy to my heart. For me, each finished piece is a masterpiece in its own way. On the flip side comes the pleasure I receive when someone genuinely appreciates one of my creations.

Working meticulously with my crafts gives me the tiniest glimpse into the heart of my Creator. Psalm 139:13 tells us that, "...you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." This verse reminds me that God is a hands-on God. You and I are God's handiwork. He is intimately involved in crafting his ultimate creations, down to the number of hairs on our heads! His priceless works are handcrafted with love. That means I am God's masterpiece! You are God's masterpiece.

In the gallery of life, we are God's art displayed on the walls of the world. Will your beauty reflect the work of your Creator?

"The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Psalm 147:11






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!