Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Another World

Oh how I wish I were here.

I need only to close my eyes and I am able to smell the salty sea air and feel the Caribbean breeze blow through my hair. Oh, if only it were so for escape from this snowy day.

One of my favorite things to do in Jamaica is snorkel. It is an extraordinary experience. Looking out over the turquoise sea and enjoying its beauty from land is a feast for the eyes, but being immersed in the weightless wonder of its waters brings about an other-worldly adventure. The sea's mesmerizing surface ripple is little preparation for the shock of color that teems below. The moment you dip your mask into the water you are absorbed into a parallel world. Clown. Damsel. Squirrelfish. Spotted Eel. Yellow and Blue Tang. All these species form a swim parade in vivid technicolor.

I can do my best to describe the thrill of snorkeling, but until you experience it for yourself, you can never truly understand it. Until you've immersed yourself in another world, you can never fully comprehend the adventure. The sea is there, awaiting your arrival.

And so it is with God's word. The Living Word. The living, breathing world of God..

When you dive into The Word - God's Word - you will find yourself immersed in another world. A world where the words you read become real. God's story is your story. This book is about you. As you turn page after page, you feel as though the author is in your head, writing your thoughts. Answering your questions. This book - The Bible - is a book filled, not with perfect people, but with imperfect people. People just like you. People just like me. It's an extraordinary experience. One that can be lived every day.

I can do my best to describe the thrill of God's Word, but until you experience it for yourself, you can never truly understand it. Until you've immersed yourself in His world, you can never fully comprehend the adventure. The Word is there, awaiting your arrival.

Will you take the plunge? Or will you stay on dry land?

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

"For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God." I Peter 1:23





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!