Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Clear Skies Ahead



Monday morning, I took the highway route in to work. The weather forecast for this day included a severe weather alert. The highway runs a straight north-south line splitting East from West and on Monday, the road split the weather line as well. To the East, dark rain clouds formed in an ominous sky. To the West, scattered clouds splattered across a visibly crisp, blue sky.

Lucky for me, my exit from the highway took me in a westerly direction. As I waited for traffic to clear at the exit ramp stop, I pondered the way the morning's weather parallels life.

Some days we travel into ominous weather. Life gives us stormy times. Hardships. Death. Struggles. We are aware of the severe weather alert, but have no choice but to travel the road in its path.

Other days we travel under crisp, blue sky. Life shines happiness over our days. Love. Life. Success. We bask in the glory of the sun and good times.

It is easy to see God during the sunny days. His love is evident. But God is also present during the ominous weather. He is there. Watching. Protecting. Loving. Loving. Loving.

In the hard times, read Psalm 18:2:

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

In good times, read Psalm 95:1:

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation."

What's your weather forecast?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!