Sunday, July 28, 2013

Crawling into Daddy's arms...

We enjoy worshiping at Camp Geneva during the summer. What's not to love about Lake Michigan on a warm Sunday morning? Exactly. Nothing! Camp Geneva sits above the beautiful sandy beach only a few miles drive from our home. We enjoy the variety of pastors. We enjoy the relaxed service. We enjoy the 10:00 a.m. service time.

This morning there was nothing warm about Camp Geneva. Sure it's July, but it's also July in Michigan. The fact that last week was 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity meant nothing today to Michigan's Mother Nature.

This morning it was was cold. It was rainy. Today was not a beach day.

Nonetheless, today the ARC (the Sunday worship center) was filled with worshipers. In the row in front of us sat a family with small children. As the service began, I noticed one of the girls shivering. She looked to be about seven or eight years old. She had a fuzzy jacket with her and as she attempted to drape it over her body to warm herself, her movement attracted the attention of her Dad. He immediately leaned over and whispered to her. As she nodded a silent, "yes," he scooped her up into his broad arms and snuggled her into his lap. He gently wrapped his arms around her and engulfed her small frame with his largeness.

The moment was tender and beautiful. It was simply a father's reaction of love at seeing his child's distress.

God is exactly like that father. And I am his daughter. He sees me when I am in distress and whispers words of comfort and love. If I listen to his words, I can jump straight into his arms of strength and protection. I can be wrapped in his largeness. It's then that I am safe. I am loved. You are loved. We are his beloved.

Isaiah 41:10:

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!