Monday, October 1, 2012

Footprints


I confess. I love the sun. I love the beach. I will rearrange my schedule to soak up a few rays. In these ever shrinking days, I am trying to squeeze out all the beachy-ness I can. Last Saturday, Lake Michigan called. I answered. I rolled up my jeans, kicked off my sandals, climbed the dune and joined the crowd. Of seagulls, that is. They were my sole companions. The sight that greeted me was breathtaking. Crisp, blue sky. Whitecaps. Driftwood. Footprints.

In the soft, dry, sandy area, footprints were a mass of chaos. Here. There. Everywhere. Leading nowhere in particular, like a throng of humanity lost with no sense of direction.


And then, along the shoreline, a single set of footprints were visible. They made a path with a straight and steady gait, clearly a walk with a purpose.

Such it is with our world. The mass of humanity searches for meaning and direction in life. The lost follow the lost. The noise of our world tries unceasingly to block out the message. Thankfully, there is a voice that rises above the static if we are willing to listen. We can follow the path of life with a straight and steady purpose, dancing along the way.

Psalm 16:11 “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”

Psalm 17:5 “My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled.”

Set your compass. Kick off your shoes. Place your feet in the footprints. Feel the wonder of the sand between your toes and follow the path of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!