Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jacket-less

Yesterday was a first for 2013. Yesterday, when I exited my house, I left my jacket behind.

Yep. Jacket-less. Finally! What a feeling! Freedom. Released from the burden of bulk. Light. Airy. Carefree! A simple change in temperature brought about this amazing change in my attire.

Sometimes I have a temperature problem in my life too. I get myself into hot water. Now don't be thinking that I get into trouble frequently; that's not the case (although I did get my dorm's "Biggest Prankster" award my freshman year of college!). No, for me, I tend to be a worry wart. Ask my kids. Ask my husband. I worry about silly nonsense. I burden myself with the trivial details of life. I soak myself in the hot water of worry.

Just as a change in temperature helped me discard my jacket, a change in my attitude and focus can help me throw out my pool of hot water. In the words of I Peter 5:7, I need only to "Turn all your worries over to him. He cares about you."

Simple, but often not easy for me. Turn my worries over to him. In another translation the verse reads, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."  Turn. Cast. If I simply ask him to remove my worry, I can change my attire. I can leave my worries behind. Wow. Finally! What a feeling! Freedom. Released from the burden of bulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!