Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Death of the Red Baron?

On my way into work this morning, I saw a dead cardinal on the road. Now, it's not everyday that you see a dead bird in the road, let alone a cardinal.

My first thought was, "Oh no!"  These bird remains were in close proximity to our home. I was fearful that these remains were those of our "peeping tom" window peeking bird. If you haven't read about the Red Baron, and are curious about the story, click Knock, knock.

Anyway, as the day wore on, I kept a look out for the Red Baron. And now, as nightfall approaches, I have yet to catch a glimpse of him. This sounds really silly, but if he is gone, I will miss that goofy bird.

The moral of the story: "Enjoy every day as a gift. Tomorrow is not guaranteed."

Hopefully, the Red Baron is alive and well. I will keep you posted.

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will got to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!