Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Today I overslept.  Randy woke me up by saying, "Don't you have to work today?"  And so started my day.  Now I got ready in a jiffy, but still ended up heading to work about fifteen minutes later than my normal leave time.  Let me tell you, those fifteen minutes make a big difference.  As I drove east toward the highway, the sun was rising in just the wrong spot.  You know the spot.  The place where your visor isn't low enough and you can't make yourself tall enough.  I was irritated.  I couldn't seem to hide from the sun's blinding rays.  The sun seemed to be seeking me out, and I wanted no part of it.  It was then when it struck me, and I put on my "God eyes."

I realized that this sun game I was playing is the same game I play with God.  He's there bathing me in his golden light, waiting for me to look to him and all the while I try every distraction in my life to block him out.  I don't want to be irritated with his way.  I want MY way.  You know the saying, "Three steps forward, two steps back."  That's my life with God.  I take baby steps. But I'm learning. For you see, those times when I fully trust him and bathe in his glorious light, he blesses me with an abundance of peace and contentment.  I realize that he wants the very best for me.  And best of all, he is always there, waiting on me. 

I long for the day when I can say, "Today I took three steps forward and tomorrow, I plan to take three more steps forward to meet my God right where he wants me to be." 

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace, him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!