Sunday, July 8, 2012

We've just made it through one of the hottest weeks on record.  I found myself not wanting to venture outside my air conditioned home or office.  The heat was oppressive, and the minute I stepped outside I longed to be back in the comfort of cool.  It was on Thursday of this week, that I opened my "God eyes" on my drive in to work.  As I drove past the open farmland, I noticed the way the air looked.  It had that hazy, almost misty, mystical quality about it.  It was EVERYWHERE!  As I looked over the cornfields, I realized that this hazy air reminded me of my great God.  Just like air, he's always there, I just don't notice him.  And just like the extreme heat, sometimes it takes something oppressive in my life to see him.  And other times, I just need to open my eyes to realize that he is always there.  On every part of my life.  Touching all the details. 

So now my question is, "How do I remember to trust him each day with the details of my life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!