Saturday, December 1, 2012

Access denied

Passwords. Strong passwords. Pass codes. For my job alone, I use upwards of a dozen different user names and passwords to access systems. Add to that my personal bank, credit card, FaceBook, email and website passwords, and I could fill a small notebook with login instructions. Of course we all know that writing down passwords is a big no no, so it's no wonder that I frequently forget passwords.

Forgetting passwords is frustrating. "Access denied" or "password incorrect" messages drive me crazy. I just want to log in and take care of business. Thankfully, I've always able to access my accounts with a reset password or a security question answered correctly.

Tapping into spiritual joy demands a password as well. Unlike computer passwords, our spiritual password is simple. Too simple for some people to understand. For this reason, I've always wondered why some Christians have such a hard time being joyful and praising God. Upon reflection, I've realized that some folks have literally forgotten the password. While some Christians are logged in and connected to the ultimate praise line, others are struggling to reconnect because they are chained to their world of worry, doubt and self-imposed guilt.

Praise God that he sent Jesus to set us free from our bondage!  God reminds us of his promise in Romans 8:1, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

The password is simple. REPENT and BELIEVE. Believe in Jesus as your personal Savior and you are right with God. Write it down on your heart. Etch it deep in your soul. It is truth. It is life. It is simple.

Psalm 89 from the Message:
"Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise, who shout on parade in the bright presence of GOD, delighted, they dance all day long; they know who you are, what you do - they can't keep it quiet! Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us - you've been so good to us! We're walking on air! All we are and have we owe to GOD, Holy God of Israel, our King!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!