Friday, December 28, 2012

Flurries


It is snowing! Finally! So far this year, the snow has fallen to the north and to the south, but has for the most part skirted our area. I am giddy with snow happiness! The best part of today's snow is beauty and quality of the flakes. Not all snow is created equal. I'm no snow expert, but I've come to realize that conditions need to be just right to produce good quality snowflakes. Today's snow is that kind of snow. A snowflake is actually an individual ice crystal that grows six arms as it flits from cloud to ground, growing as it spins and flutters. There is a lot more science surrounding the anatomy of a snowflake, but that's about as detailed an explanation as my mind can grasp.


As I stood outside this afternoon, catching flakes on my glove, I marveled at the complexity of the flakes. I've been known to stand outside for long periods of time, inspecting snowflakes. I do it in the middle of the day. I do it late at night. I inspect by natural light. I inspect with a flashlight. Each time, I am amazed by the beauty God creates. God is the ultimate creator. His art is on display every day if we only take time to admire it. His handiwork is visible in the expanse of a morning sunrise. His brush strokes the hues of an evening sunset. And he handcrafts the intricate details of a snowflake. Wow!




God delights in our delight. I'm blown away by the fact that he cares so much about the finery of an individual ice crystal. And if that is true, how much more must he care for us as his individual children?

Take time to enjoy God's everyday gifts. Open your eyes. His gifts are everywhere!



"What a wildly wonderful world, GOD!
You made it all, with Wisdom at your side,
made earth overflow with your wonderful creations."

Psalm 104:24 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think...let me know!